Our COVID-19 Update
We hope you are all safe and healthy and able to keep in good spirits during this challenging time. We are carefully implementing strict sanitary precautions to ensure a safe environment for both our staff and patients. We take everyone's health very seriously, and we are working hard to implement proven measures to run our office in a safe and responsible manner.
With strict adherence to infection prevention policies and protocol during this time, we have elected to go above and beyond CDC and OSHA directives. We are staying informed of all current recommendations by these organizations. We have thoroughly investigated the most up-to-date, innovative technologies and methods to protect everyone. As such, you should be aware of changes that are being implemented in our office that are all with health and safety in mind:
- When scheduling, we will be asking health screening questions and giving guidelines: Bring your own mask and gloves, ensure no fever the day of appointment. If you have a fever, other flu-like symptoms, or have been in recent contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19, please call the office to reschedule your appointment.
- These same questions will be asked on the day of your appointment. Your temperature will be taken upon entry to the office and you will be asked to pre-rinse, practice hand hygiene, and/or use hand sanitizer provided by us throughout the office.
- Patients will be asked to submit Health Screen, New Patient Registration Forms, and Images/X-rays where applicable, at least two days prior to your appointment or the patient may need to reschedule. This will minimize office interaction.
- All efforts are made to bring patients directly in the treatment rooms, avoiding wait time in the reception area. Treatment fees will be settled before treatment is done when possible--this will help minimize exposure and interactions.
- We are designing patient flow for physical distancing; this will result in fewer available appointments. We ask our patients to honor their appointment time and guidelines. We will ask you to remain outside until we are ready and call you in or text you for your visit.
- We will ask that you come alone to your visit, unless accompanying a minor; then, only one parent or legal guardian can escort the patient. There will be no wait area in the reception room.
- There will be a personal protective fee of applied to each visit, to help keep us all protected per mandated guidelines.
- Our treatment team will be wearing complete personal protective gear as mandated by the CDC.
- Temperature check and health screening will be applicable to all staff and doctors--not just patients.
- We are limiting aerosol generating procedures.
- We have new air filtration systems with UV light sterilization technology.
- Final post-operative instructions will be given in the treatment room.
The health and safety of our patients and staff are of utmost importance to us. We will direct all our efforts to maintain a safe environment with regard to this “new normal.” Our ability to meet your treatment needs with integrity, empathy and sensitivity will continue as always, and be a priority in our current circumstances. We appreciate your patience and are so grateful for your support and cooperation.
Yours in health,
Dr. Federico Perez, DMD
Dr. Gary Kodish, DDS