Restorative Dentistry and How the Kodish-Perez Dental Group Can Help
Kodish-Perez Dental Group works hard to help patients achieve and maintain healthy smiles. Most patients need only preventative dentistry, while others need dental restoration procedures to repair, replace, and renew damaged teeth. We are an experienced dental team and ready to help you with dental damage caused by trauma or decay.
Most people know about cosmetic dentistry which helps whiten and straighten teeth, but in many cases, cosmetic dentistry is not possible until a proper foundation is achieved with restorative dental procedures.
Dentists perform restorative dental procedures to keep your mouth healthy and functional. While keeping your mouth functional is the main goal, restorative dentistry can also improve the look of one’s smile. Common dental restorative procedures include dental implants, dentures, fillings, root canals, and crowns.
Restorative Dental Procedures
- Fillings – Dentists remove decay from teeth and fill the hole with a variety of materials. Fillings are also used to repair broken and cracked teeth. Our office only uses composite fillings, which are tooth-colored.
- Implants – Dental implants anchor the tooth exceptionally well. Implants are used to replace teeth missing due to extraction or trauma. A titanium post is fused to the jaw and an artificial tooth is screwed on the top. Implants are as close to natural teeth as possible. Implants are fully functional, allowing patients to chew and speak normally.
- Crowns – Dental crowns are tooth-shaped covers-under crowns that are placed over a tooth to restore its shape and size. Patients with decay, chips, cracks, or breaks that can’t be filled, will need a crown for support and protection. Dental crowns are also needed on teeth that have had root canal therapy. Dental crowns made of metal are used on the back teeth with limited visibility. Ceramic and porcelain are used on visible teeth and made to match the shade of the teeth.
- CEREC Same-Day Crowns – CEREC crowns are used on patients who require crown restoration. Using computer-assisted design to take digital impressions of the tooth, which are sent to a milling unit to be created. The Kodish-Perez Dental Group is able to offer patients high-quality, custom restoration in a single visit.
- Root Canal Therapy – During a root canal, the dentist removes the infected pulp and nerve before refilling the tooth. A dental crown must be placed over the tooth to support and protect it. Root canal procedures are typically painless and provide immediate relief.
- Adhesive Dentures – Adhesive dentures are a go-to treatment for patients who need a full upper or lower arch of teeth replaced. These dentures restore chewing ability and improve a patient’s smile.
- Fountain of Youth Dentures™ – Fountain of Youth Dentures™ offers patients dentures that feel more comfortable and fit more securely.
The Kodish-Perez Dental Group
If you are looking to have a restorative dental treatment, contact The Kodish-Perez Dental Group and schedule an appointment! Dental insurance plans vary. In general, dental implants are not covered by dental insurance. The Kodish-Perez Dental Group offers financing options.
Dr. Perez has been helping patients dramatically improve their oral health through his caring, quality approach to dental care. As one of the nation’s top-rated cosmetic dentists, he’s able to create amazing results that leave patients with a new reason to smile! Please contact us today to schedule your first appointment.